By Jessica Lee
I recently went to a friend’s home for a small party they were throwing and was asked to bring dessert. Wanting to bring something that could feed a lot of people but wouldn’t take a ton of time to make, I finally settled on this Triple Berry Crumble. And it was a hit!
If you can’t find fresh berries, frozen will work just fine. Just be sure to thaw them before or else you’ll end up with a watery mess! The homemade whipped cream takes this dessert to the next level.
Triple Berry Crisp
Adapted from Epicurious
2 cups blueberries
2 cups strawberries
2 cups raspberries
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a large baking dish.
- Combine the berries with the sugar, flour and cinnamon; place in the baking dish.
- Prepare the topping: Combine the oats, flour, both sugars and salt in a bowl. Use your hands to work in the butter until topping resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle evenly over the berries.
- Bake in the center of the oven until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, about 1 hour. Remove the crisp to a rack to cool slightly.
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Start mixing on low speed, then increase the speed to medium-high until stiff peaks form.
Have a lovely weekend – enjoy!