**Scroll over images above & click to shop
1. Diaper backpack: When it came to a diaper bag, I was looking for something Blake could wear, too (and not feel silly!). Not to mention, Amazon Prime has been our BFF during these first couple of months (god bless delivery services!). I scoured Amazon for a backpack with awesome reviews and this one had hundreds. I love that it’s extremely lightweight, has lots of storage/organizational pockets and easily rests on stroller handles while out and about. Also…it’s $45!! Total WIN.
2. Snuggle Me Organic lounger: Jude is now seven weeks old and we’re not using this thing as often (because he is now a wiggle worm)…however, for the first month, we used this lounger a TON! I’ve been following this brand on Instagram since I became pregnant, and I love the look and ultra soft feel of their loungers. When Jude was a newborn, we used it every morning while having coffee (we’d place Jude on it in between us in bed), or I’d place him in it while jumping on my computer to tend to emails (…or just have a mindless Internet break throughout the day). Keep in mind: these are not for sleeping at night, it’s just a safe place to rest your baby while you’re nearby.
3. Sleep gown: When you’re changing a dozen diapers throughout the night, you quickly realize buttons might be aesthetically pleasing but very impractical…especially when your child hates diaper changes and you need to be quick! Sleep gowns have been SO helpful and make diaper changes fast and easy. Plus, how darn cute are they?! Big fan over here.
4. Moby baby wrap: So we actually have the “Solly Baby Wrap” but I’ve been told by lots of IG followers that the Moby is more comfortable, thus, taking their word for it! Also…they’re all very similar in both look + price. Blake and I are big on wearing Jude because 1. we can get things done around the house, 2. he falls asleep within minutes 3. it’s such a wonderful way to bond with your baby. I wear Jude in the wrap multiple times throughout the day…he can smell me (and you know I’m smelling him non-stop, ha!) and that skin-to-skin contact is so nice. Highly recommend a baby wrap!!
5. Aden & Anais swaddle blankets: My sister loved this brand for swaddle blankets and we quickly realized she was spot on. SO soft and I love all the color + print options! You really can’t have too many swaddle blankets.
6. Hushh sound machine: White noise is a saving grace when it comes to our sleep routine. This portable sound machine is also easy to pop into the diaper bag and attach to the car seat, too.
7. Aquaphor healing baby ointment: We tried Boudreaux Butt Paste and Desitin to prevent diaper rash, but the only thing that really works for us has been Aquaphor healing baby ointment. We slather it on during every diaper change…it’s a game changer and no sign of diaper rash!
8. BIBS pacifier: I know some folks are anti-pacifier, but we looove them. Jude is soothed instantly! We tried quite a few different paci brands, and the only one Jude likes is BIBS. I think it’s the bulbous nipple shape…it stays in his mouth easily! I also love the neutral color options…there’s the blogger in me coming out! 😉
9. Uppababy Vista Stroller + Bassinet (and I’d recommend this bassinet stand, as well): So yes, this is a hefty purchase but we are SO glad we have it! This brand has rave reviews online and after taking our stroller out and about, it’s extremely light, glides so smoothly and folds up easily. It’s also really pretty, too! We got the “Vista” version because it can convert to hold more kiddos (more bang for your future buck!). This stroller comes with an attachable bassinet, and we actually use it for sleeping at night. It’s super soft, overnight sleep safe and with a bassinet stand it’s super easy to keep next to my bedside. (We don’t have the Uppababy bassinet stand, we use one that pairs with a woven bassinet we bought, but they both serve the same purpose).
10. Oogiebear booger tool: When the aspirator isn’t strong enough to get out those hard boogers, this tool is MAGIC! (It also works on soft boogers, too). Newborns breathe through their noses, so I’m pretty particular about getting out the stuff that I can tell is blocking airflow and bothering Jude. This tool is really gentle and has been so helpful, highly recommend!