Happy weekend, loves! I am thrilled to share today’s post because it is dear to my heart to feature a local Austin company that I admire deeply! As y’all know, I am a big fan of vintage goods and often speak to being able to carry my grandmother’s vintage handbags or my mom’s jewelry from when she was a teenager – there’s just something so special and priceless about wearing pieces with such rich history and stories behind them. Thus, it’s no surprise that as I was in the thick of wedding planning, everything that seemed to catch my attention was that beautiful whimsical, vintage feel – and I quickly realized after doing some research around Austin, there was a company that understood this love fully and set out to make this vision a reality at events all over town.
I introduce to you, Loot Vintage! Enjoy scrolling through the photos below (hey, I warned y’all there would be lots of swooning in this post, ha!) and read through an interview with the fabulous co-owner, Rhoda, at the end of this post – trust me, you’re in for a treat!
Ps. The photo above and directly below are actually our wedding venue!! Eek, SO gorgeous!! Can’t wait until September!
Seriously, are these lounge areas, table settings and aisles not pure magic?! Which brings me to the incredible duo and owners of Loot Vintage – Rhoda and Anna. I reached out to Rhoda a few months back about working together on a blog feature (because I knew y’all would fall in love just as I did!) and from there, my mom, sister and I ventured to the Loot warehouse for a visit. If you followed me on Snapchat back then, you probably saw the gorgeous array of vintage and antique furnishings they carry that I pretty much drooled over for a few hours haha. After being given the grand tour and sitting down to tea (seriously, these gals are so lovely!!) and to chat about the vision I have in mind for our wedding, I could tell that we were in wonderful company and that Rhoda and Anna are so genuine and talented when it comes to their love for vintage furnishings and outfitting decor at events. (I mean…just scroll through these images and it’s simple to see that these ladies know what they’re doing!!).
Rhoda was kind enough to answer some fun interview questions I had about how these ladies got their start and Loot Vintage overall. I am truly inspired by their passion and am so fortunate to know such strong, creative women in my city! Without further ado, let’s get started! 🙂
- After visiting Loot Vintage to get some ideas for a lounge area for our wedding, I was completely enamored with your product warehouse and the array of vintage goods you carry! It is truly a magical, vintage home goods heaven. Tell us how you got started in creating Loot Vintage.
- To work so closely with beautiful vintage goods, I imagine you have always had an affinity for vintage shopping and antiques. Have you always been into vintage pieces? What really got you interested in vintage furnishings?
- First off, I am SO happy you’re in Austin because I am lucky enough to experience Loot Vintage all over town at events, weddings, brunches, etc. – I LOVE spotting your pieces around this city! What makes Austin the perfect place for Loot Vintage?
- For our wedding, there is one item I gravitated towards in the Loot warehouse and after walking away I knew our lounge area had to be centered around it (I won’t say what it is until our wedding reveal post, ha!). Is there a certain piece that you love most of all?
- What fascinates me most about vintage items is that there is such a rich history and story behind each piece. What item that you rent out has the most history attached to it? I’d love to hear the story behind it.
But really, are these women not incredible?! I am so thankful that Loot Vintage exists and even more so that the owners are so genuinely passionate about their business – it’s truly inspiring and easy to see in all of their event setups – these gals enjoy what they do and it absolutely shows.
If you’re in Austin or the surrounding areas and are a fan of the ultra romantic, boho, whimsical vibe at weddings or events (baby showers, bridal showers, shindigs of any kind, really), I highly recommend looking into Loot Vintage to furnish your event! We are working with Loot to outfit a lounge area on the lawn of our wedding venue and I can’t wait to reveal what we chose…just a few months to go!
Take a look at the gorgeous array of vintage goods and decor over at Loot Vintage and read more about Rhoda and Anna here. Ps. Feel free to Pin the images above to your Pinterest pages and share the Loot love! 😉 A big thank you to Rhoda for sitting down to answer my questions and sharing your vision with LL readers!