Happy Wednesday, friends! As we inch closer to summer, the heat in Austin is calling for cutoff shorts and breezy tops! I am such a fan of denim shorts of all kinds: high rise, low rise, tight, loose…you name it, I probably have it sitting in my dresser drawer or in my shopping cart. Whether you’re meeting friends for coffee or running errands on the weekend, you can’t go wrong investing in a gorgeous pair of denim shorts!
I’ve had quite a few pairs for years (see #1, #4 & #5 on my list below), and really stand by these adorable cutoffs! Those One Teaspoon shorts are perfect for a day at the beach and the Madewell pair is SO flattering and comfortable for summer. Sooo…let’s get to it!
1. Levi’s 501 Denim Cutoff Shorts: these fit TTS and are perfect for everyday wear! As always, Levi’s is a suuuper awesome price point for high quality clothing. (They fit TTS)
2. Madewell High Rise Denim Boyshorts: okay sooo I am big time obsessed with these…I’ve been wearing them every weekend since I scooped them up! Front-tuck a casual v-neck and pair with sneakers (I like this look with classic Vans) for an effortlessly cool (and ultra comfortable) outfit. (I recommend ordering one size down – you can see how they look in this Instagram)
3. Levi’s Wedgie High Waist Denim Shorts: LOVE these! Once again, great price and these are seriously SO FLATTERING. (I am basically shouting right now because these are so fabulous). (They fit TTS, you can see how they look in this Instagram)
4. One Teaspoon Bandit Cutoff Shorts (in WHITE & DENIM): these are my go-to shorts for the beach or a day at the lake, they pair well with a cute tank top and fun belt (…as seen above 😉 ). I’ve had both the blue & white pairs for two years now and I currently have a black pair on my wish list. Such a flattering style that make your legs look long…all about that, ha! (They run big, I recommend ordering one size down – you can see how they look in this Instagram)
5. Lovers + Friends Dylan Shorts (not pictured, but I LOVE them!): these are not exactly “budget friendly” in my opinion, but seriously they are worth the splurge! This brand is one of my all time favorites for both jeans and shorts – they know their stuff when it comes to denim. (They fit TTS)